Thursday, March 19, 2009

Living in a House of Cards



Hi Folks!!
Looks like my entries come weekly or weakly :). With Suzi's help with the 20 or so steps to complete this, we share this picture of how we are using space creatively to display the many cards I have received since my surgery. Dave set up some string across the ceiling in the living room and dining room and Suzi strung as many as she could -- a museum of healing words, thoughts and prayers.
We had a great weekend with Greg and Suzi at home. It was warm enough for Scrabble games on the porch both Sunday and Monday. On Sunday, I went to Church for the first time since my homecoming, and after that we went to Sherman for pancakes and warm maple syrup. It's a family rite of spring that goes back about 20 years and I'm grateful that this year was no exception. The maple syrup is produced on site --- mmmmmmmm.
Yesterday was my day at Roswell for blood work, doctor check-up and echocardiogram. Chemo will begin next Wednesday and Thursday (I will most likely have to go 2 days as I am in a study and the group I was put in needs to have 2 days of chemo per session - 7 sessions with 3 weeks in between each). Today is the one month anniversary of my surgery and I'm feeling much better than I did on that day. A month of healing is good and the sun shines brightly. Dave took Suzi to the airport today. Back to Oklahoma. She will be in a concert on Sunday and back to school on Monday. We should see her and Jason at the end of June. Greg will be here for Easter which is not that far off at this point -- we're about halfway through Lent.
Today is the last day of winter too! So Happy Spring to all! It's been a long cold winter in New York with lots of snow so we are more than ready for the new life of Spring.
I continue to rely on your prayers, especially as chemo begins. Since my Prayer Infusion Tube is constantly flowing, I expect to ride this part of the journey on eagle's wings.
Peace, blessings, and bunny hugs--
Teri

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. Scholand! Glad to hear that you are feeling better and able to get out more often. We still continue to think about you and hope that your treatments go well! Amy and Max

    P.S. Happy Birthday + 6 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Scholand,
    Still saying lots of prayers for you!! That's a lot of cards... a veritable tsunami of prayers and good wishes!!

    Take good care, will be thinking about you a lot this week.

    -Robin, Brian & Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Teri,
    We're sending you more bunny hugs and prayers from Iceland. MMMM, pancakes, we share your love of pancakes.

    Good luck with chemo this week.

    Love,
    Fee, Brad & Silas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Uploading pictures... What is next? Twitter? Facebook? Your own website and personal domain? Woot!

    It was great to see you at the store yesterday. Thank for the honor of being your friend. The witness of your life has always been a blessing and this current battle is no exception. MJ and I are in your corner always.
    Blessings,
    Matt <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear you are doing so well. Keeping you in our prayers as you start your treatments. It was really good to have Jason home too. Looking forward now to summer break

    ReplyDelete