Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Home for a Week - back to Roswell Tomorrow

About this time last Tuesday, we arrived home from the hospital. It was cold but sunny just like today. Sunny always makes you think it's warmer. I'm much stronger than a week ago and tomorrow we return to Roswell to have stitches removed and find out the chemo schedule.
I didn't even get on the computer until 10:00p.m. last night and by the time I answered e-mails and read all the encouraging comments from so many responders, I was pooped :)! It's like your happy faces pop up with waves and smiles and it's a good way to keep connected while I'm out of the mainstream for a while.
I must say I never get bored and rather relish time to pray, read, write and reflect -- something I always sought before but it seemed to allude me except for snippets of time here and there. My family gifted me with a recliner last weekend which has floating-on-a -cloud -comfort and I'm generally wrapped in the royal purple and gold prayer blanket given to me so thoughtfully by my school family. Dave is such a prince of a care-giver. I'm too blessed to be stressed!
Here is a thought for the day which appears on a calendar given to me for Christmas: "In the trials we've faced, something good has happened too: God has fine-tuned us so we are more compassionate, more caring, more loving, more aware of others' pain." I've sensed from the beginning that much good will come out of this seemingly negative experience.
Thanks for being with me on the journey.
Peace and Love--
Teri :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Teri Scholand, We are all praying from South Carolina that everything goes well. You are a strong person and we know you can beat this. Take care and God bless!

    Love the Poland's

    Jim, Marty and Patrick

    ReplyDelete