Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Surprise!


Hi Blog People!!
It's still November so I thought I would sneak in an update and wish everyone a belated Thanksgiving. I was hoping to get it out before, but you know me. Forget that! As you can see from the picture, we were blessed to have all 4 (Pete is of course included) children home for Thanksgiving and brother Ken.
We did not expect Suzi and Jason as right along they said it was so close to Christmas and so costly to fly and Jason had school Mon. and Tues., but they surprised us and walked in with Greg on Wednesday afternoon. They left on Saturday and though the time was short, we enjoyed and made the most of every minute!
On the medical scene, I have finished the first round of 8 chemo sessions with Topotecan. One time I had to follow up with an infusion of 2 pints of blood because my hemoglobin was low, another time I couldn't get the chemo because my white blood cell count was too low, so it just pushed everything down a week. I had the last session on Nov. 18th with a follow up of 1 pint of blood on the 20th. Now I have 2 weeks off with the next appointment on Dec. 9th for blood work, physical, and the first of the next round of 8 chemo sessions. I expect there will be a CT scan soon to see how well the toucans have done their work.
In my last entry, I spoke about my increase in appetite due to taking a drug called Megaise or Megastrol. That has continued and I gained 14 lbs. in 2 months which is almost all I lost. My energy thus returned and I'm feeling much better than the days when eating was not at all enjoyable and such a struggle. Now I have to watch it so I don't gain 7-10 lbs. every month!
Chances are I won't be adding to the blog until next year, so we wish you all a very peaceful Advent season and joyful, meaningful Christmas. Thank you so much for your prayers, encouragement and concern over these months. That reinforces any medication I take big time!
Love and Bunny Hugs--
Teri :]

5 comments:

  1. It was great being home! Love you both! See you at Christmas!
    Love,
    Suzi and Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa,
    What a beautiful picture. I am glad to hear your appetite is better and you are gaining some weight.
    That was great that the kids surprised you. I will keep you and the family in my prayers and I wish you and the family a Happy, Healthy Christmas and New year.
    Love Nancy Peters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aunt Teri. You look great! Sending you bunny hugs from Virginia,
    -Fiona, Brad, Silas and little Clare

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Teri:

    Such a treat to go on your web site and see that great photo along with an update. You look wonderful! It is sooo special when the 'kids' are home at the same time so I do feel your joy at having all your chicks together. You and yours continue in my thoughts and prayers. I miss seeing you but that is just not possible at my end - hopefully soon.

    Love and prayers from Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2010. A precious friend told me about Dr Itua Herbal Center in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Tach Disease,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Skin Cancer,
    Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Fibromyalgia,a
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia ,Parkinson's disease,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,
    Diabetes ,Coeliac disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Tach Disease,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. Whatsapp...+2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete