Saturday, September 26, 2009

Happy Autumn! and 1 down, 7 to go!

Hi Blog Buddies if there are any left. I just got first place in the worst blogmaster in the universe contest. It's been a while and now we are into my favorite season of autumn. Pumpkins, leaves changing colors, grape fragrance from the vineyard.... on and on.

So my story continues. I did have the CT scan on 9/9 but the dr. appt. scheduled for the following Fri. (9/11) was changed to Mon. (9/14). That appt. confirmed that I still had enlarged lymph nodes but my dr. was not there to discuss my treatment plan so we had to go back on Wed. (9/16). I had not seen my surgeon/oncologist since the day of surgery in Feb. He was very sure that the next step would be more chemo with a different drug -- Topotecan (toe-poe-TEE-kan). It sounds like an African bird to me, like a toucan, and I visualize him eating all the nasty cells. I had a choice of going to Roswell every day for 5 days, then having 16 days off, then repeating that cycle or going once a week for 8 weeks. I chose the once a week. My first infusion was last Wed. (9/23) and took only a half hour compared to the 5 - 8 hours I had for two days with the last regimen. Of course I need to have blood work first and a preliminary infusion for hydration and medication to prevent nausea so we were actually there for about 2 hours. At the end of the 8 weeks or possibly before, a CT scan will be ordered to see how things are going. After 8 weeks I will have 3 weeks off, then start again if needed for as long as needed. I must say the side effects are minimal compared to what I had before, at least so far.
The pharmacist was also at our meeting with the doctor and she ordered something to increase my appetite which was still quite poor. I never got hungry and had a hard time thinking about food let alone eating it. After 4 days on the medication, I notice my appetite returning which is great as this has been a struggle for the last 6 months since eating is not an option.
So that is the update for this month. We appreciate your continued prayers and wish you a wonder-filled fall season!
Bunny Hugs--
Teri :)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Aunt Teri,
    We remain loyal blog fans and appreciate your updates!! We're sending you love and bunny hugs from CT this time. We took Silas to the town fair yesterday to visit all the bunnies. He liked the Flemish Giants best because they really were GIANT bunnies!
    Love,
    Fee, Brad & Silas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Teri:

    I also appreciate your updates and want you to know that prayers and positive thoughts are daily sent to you. Things here still up and down and sometimes day to day or hour to hour. Say HELLO to Dave for me.

    Love from Susan

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. In all the (good) books about fighting cancer there is a LOT said about visualization re: the demise of the cancerous intruder---KEEP THAT TOUCAN FOCUSED AND BUSY!!!! (my heart skipped a beat when I read that line)
    I love you...................

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still look for your blog too, although I've learned not to do that too often :)
    Teri, you have a wonderful, amazing attitude. You will beat this, with the help of your new trusty toucan!!!
    You and Dave are remembered in my daily prayers.
    TSBR,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa,
    I know with your positive attitude you will beat this. Our thoughts and prayers are constantly with you. i was so glad that you and Dave and the Suzi and Greg were able to come to the wedding. You knew about this at that time but were focused on your neice getting married.
    I will give you some of my weight just say the word.
    Love you,
    Nancy Peters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Teri;

    You are in our thoughts and prayers daily.

    Martha and Frank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Teri! Glad to hear things are going well. It's been great to find out all that in person from your sweet, smiley self!
    Keep that Toucan busy!
    Loveya,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Irrespective of receiving daily oral or future injectable depot therapies, these require health care visits for medication and monitoring of safety and response. If patients are treated early enough, before a lot of immune system damage has occurred, life expectancy is close to normal, as long as they remain on successful treatment. However, when patients stop therapy, virus rebounds to high levels in most patients, sometimes associated with severe illness because i have gone through this and even an increased risk of death. The aim of “cure”is ongoing but i still do believe my government made millions of ARV drugs instead of finding a cure. for ongoing therapy and monitoring. ARV alone cannot cure HIV as among the cells that are infected are very long-living CD4 memory cells and possibly other cells that act as long-term reservoirs. HIV can hide in these cells without being detected by the body’s immune system. Therefore even when ART completely blocks subsequent rounds of infection of cells, reservoirs that have been infected before therapy initiation persist and from these reservoirs HIV rebounds if therapy is stopped. “Cure” could either mean an eradication cure, which means to completely rid the body of reservoir virus or a functional HIV cure, where HIV may remain in reservoir cells but rebound to high levels is prevented after therapy interruption.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.
    Hpv,All Cancer Types,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara so i contacted him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / info@drituaherbalcenter.com. even talked on whatsapps +2348149277967 believe me it was easy i drank his herbal medicine for two weeks and i was cured just like that isn't Dr Itua a wonder man? Yes he is! I thank him so much so i will advise if you are suffering from one of those diseases Pls do contact him he's a nice man.

    ReplyDelete