Tuesday, May 12, 2009

3 Down, 4 to Go!

Hi Everyone!!
I wanted to get this out on Sat. or Sun. to wish all Moms a Happy Mother's Day, especially our new Mom friends -- Robin, Amy and Jen. Alas, that didn't work but as we all know, motherhood is more than just a day so keep celebrating life!
Last Monday I had a cat scan. I asked if I could have a bunny scan instead, but they couldn't comply. When I went for chemo on Wed. I was told that I have a blood clot in my pelvis, something very common after surgery. The cure -- an injection of Lovenox to the abdomen every day for six months! One would think six weeks would do the trick but NOT. So my original neulasta training is now coming in handy. Chemo went as scheduled and again I felt fine until mid-Saturday. Sunday was a quiet day of laying low waiting for the cloud to lift. But I did have good chats with Greg and Suzi and Peter Rabbit was around for pet therapy. Monday morning I was pretty ready to go back to work and every day now will get better until the last week of May when we go for the next round.
I was very impressed with all who commented that they were inspired to exercise after the last blog entry. Keep it up -- so vital to a healthy lifestyle and I'll try to do the same.
Bunny Hugs--
Teri

2 comments:

  1. Hi Teri, Wow its been quite some time since I have dropped you a hello. Beleive it or not I still havent erased the voice message you left after you received the NCCS blanket. You are such an inspiration to so many people. You are in my prayers every single morning and many thoughts and prayers throughout the day. I'm happy to know you are back at school. There is somethong so comforting in knowing you are there smiling at the children you are such a blessing and I hope you continue to feel the love from all those who are blessed to feel yours. Say Hi to Dave and give hugs. In His Tender Love, Kathie Cracium

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Aunt Teri, you're almost over the halfway mark. It'll all be downhill and coasting from there.

    We're keeping you in our prayers,

    Love,
    Fee, Brad & Silas

    ReplyDelete