Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy April!

Greetings from Fredonia where there has been snow on Monday, chilly sun on Tuesday, rain on Wednesday, sun and warmth on Thursday, and high winds and rain on Friday as we sailed from March to April. At least you can't say we don't have variety!
I left you last Friday after my 3-day marathon at Roswell. Saturday I went to Mass and grocery shopping with Dave, then I started going downhill energy-wise. Sunday was the lowest energy day I have had yet which is what other people who have experienced chemo told me. You feel it a few days later. I did manage to go for a walk in the afternoon with Dave but not much more. The recliner and I were fast friends for the day. Monday saw improvement and each day through the week. I never experienced much joint pain they said I might. So all in all, if that's the only side affect, good Lord, so many other people put up with much more than that.
On Wednesday, when I am not at Roswell, I go locally for a CBC (blood count) that is faxed in to Roswell. If they see there is a problem (eg. low white blood count making me more prone to infection), they will call and let me know. I did not receive a phone call so that's yet another thing to be grateful for. The Doc said the recovery from surgery would be six weeks and that occured on Thursday. So I should be able to do the bunny hop soon.
May your road to Easter joy be blessed!
Peace, Love and Bunny Hugs--
Teri

8 comments:

  1. Glad you've made it past the 6 week mark, Mom and that you've been feeling relatively well! We're continually praying for you! Nice talking to you on the phone too!

    Love,
    Suzi and Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are going OK, take care.

    - Mark, Shannon, Lauren, Ryan, Paige and Parker

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is your sidekick's busy season, so I'll keep it short. Just wanted to say Happy Easter. You know that you're in our thoughts & prayers.
    Love,
    Connie & Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Careful with those Bunny Hops! You are looking great! Take good care and maintain that good relationship with your recliner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Aunt Theresa and be well!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a Happy Easter Teri! Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you! Easter is such a time of rebirth, and I'm sure this season includes you!
    You have such a great attitude, you are such an inspiration! Take Care- (miss you)
    Lisa Crandall

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa,
    I tried posting but it did not work yesterday, so I am trying again today.
    You are the strongest person I know. This time next year you will be running marathons. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.
    My girlfriend's husband is going through treatment now so both of us say the Prayer to St. Peregrine daily. She said also Gatorade after Chemo helps to perk up his electrolytes and Glucosimine helps with joint pain.
    I would love to come up for a day visit to see both you and Mom Peters when you are up to it.
    Love Nancy P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't get a chance to wish you a happy and glorious Easter yet so I will do that today. :)
    I have always been, and remain, profoundly affected by the witness of Christ's love that you and Dave share with the world. Thank you.
    Matt Hens

    ReplyDelete